ski lift in permanent operation
from December 2nd 2016 - March 26th 2017
The Galsterberg offers
a wonderful scenic view!
- Information about the skiing region:
The skiing region Galsterberg offers 20km wide and best primed slopes. There are 5 cable car- and ski lift stations. The wonderful feature of the landscape and the unique view above the "Lower Tauern" are very special for the Glasterberg. Close to the mountain station Kalteck, there is a race course where skiers and snowboarders can run riot. "Alpine Magic" and "Snow Party" in one of the 4 alpine huts!
- skiing region: details (click here)
- skiing region: hours of operation (click here)
small but nice - a clear skiing region with modern cable car stations:
- 5 cable car- and ski lift stations
- about 50 new built car parkings close to the gondola valley station
- 40 snowmaking machines effect a selective improvement of the snow conditions
- "1200 m long "fore-cirque-slope" with the longest, permanent race course of the region!
Newly primed, every day. Perfect conditions for a private contest, for company-ski races or union runs.
Also Klaus Kröll makes use of those optimal training conditions!
Companies, unions and workout groups can reserve this race course, if desired.
Infos: +43 (0) 3685 22845 - E-Mail: email@example.com"
- "Largest Kinderland (a fantasy leisure park for children) of the region, including
- until 10 m high snow-figures
- Bottelix girlfriend Sandrine is moving to the "Gaulish Village"! Just come and have a look at her new pink small house!
- the doggy "Skidefix" gets up the nerve to leave its doghouse
- 81 m long magic carpet
- speaking Gaulish figures, Gaulish wooden hut, and so on.
- Gaulish snowcat admist the "Kinderland" with original snowcat sounds
- perfect view to the "Kinderland" while sitting on the Bottinghaus terrace
- more information and pictures"
- Gaulish wheater station, Kalteck
- 5 km toboggan run (day and night)
- 3 cozy huts (Galsterix & Bottelix & Pirkelix)
- cabin village Pruggern consisting of 14 alpine cabins
- Ski Amadé! Austrias biggest ski-amusement!
- At the ski school Amadeus www.skischule-amadeus.at are training courses for adults, snowboard courses, carving and training courses for children offered.
the offer includes:
- guided skiing tour to the "4-mountain-swing", combination "sightseeing and technology"
- "Dachstein crossing" with a licensed mountain- and skiing guide
- Quick-Skiservice including the latest "Montana grinding technology"
- the ski rental shop offers top brands such as Atomic, Fischer or Blizzard
- at the ski school there is a children´s restaurant for all day child care facilities
- There is a toboggan run with a lenght of 5km - it can be used day and night! The renovation in 2007 made the toboggan run on the Galsterberg faster and peppy. The toboggans you can rent locally!
- operating hours in the evening/tobogganing by night
The toboggan run is in use on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 7:00 p.m. until 9:45 p.m. Tobogganing by night is a special experience for unions, companionable people and romantic people. The huts are open, also in the evening!
Enjoy the freedom ....
- "A skiing trip is not only a sporting activity but also an unforgettable experience amidst the nature and with the nature, apart the hustle and bustle!"
People who like to do skiing trips, prefer the Galsterberg because this region has a snow guarantee until May!
From the Bottinghaus, on the slope, to the Galsterbergalm-hut; if you reached this hut you can either go westbound steeply uphill unil the crest and the Pleschnitzzinken-hut (1944m), from where you can reach the "mountain peek cross" of the "Pleschnitzzinken", or you go to the southwerstern cirque and the anticline between "Pleschnitzzinken" and "Kalteck", then you take the steeply estern edge until you reach the mountain peek; if you like to continue this way you have to go at the sharp edge southwesterly into an anticline and then crossing the "Ochsenkar-elevation" (1957m) until the "Scheibleck (2117m).
The Galsterbergalm-hut frequently opens for people who like to do skiing trips in the evening!
- in der Region erwarten Sie insgesamt 60km Langlaufloipen.
Cross-country skiing makes you fit as a fiddle and sexy
- "Cross-country skiing is not just a fitness training, you also can enjoy the great nature for some hours. The holiday region "Schladming-Dachstein" offers 490km well prepared slopes and skating-tracks. The neighbouring commune "Ramsau am Dachstein" is famous as being the Nordic Center of Austria. Slopes for altitude training on the Dachstein-glacier (2.700m). Maybe you have the chance to watch a national team while they have their training!
On the Planner-alp there is also an high altitude cross-country course.
About 40km cross-country ski runs are in Schladming-Rohrmoos.
Along the usually watery high valleys Untertal and Obertal, the cross-county ski runs are affectionately called "crystal-cross-country ski runs."
Nice guesthouses and traditional "snack-stations" invite for having a comfortable stay.
The Ennstal-cross-country ski run is offering a wonderful view from the towns Haus, Aich/Assach, Pruggern, Moosheim and Öblarn/Niederöblarn (depending on the weather conditions)."
HIKING IN WINTER
- "Moonlight-hike on the Dachstein
Just the man in the moon is watching ...
at the moonlight-hikes on the Dachstein-glacier (2.700 m).
At full-moon there is this special offer on the Dachstein.
For more information click here" www.dachsteingletscher.at.
Those sleigh rides are that romantic and wonderful.
- Offers you get in every small town. At the entire holiday region are 86 teams of horses at your´s disposal, and for your relaxation. For example from the horse farm "Aigner" from Aich www.reiterhof-aigner.at. Possible at day and night, with an unhurried stop or a round trip!
No ski lift operation during the summer season.
HIKING AND EXCURSIONS
In this region are about 500km marked hiking trails. The cabins here are the perfect starting point for mountain hikes of every grade. For physical well-being, there are various farmed huts, where you can taste traditional food from the region or you try a typical alpine snack. Maps of trails are available locally. This region, "Satten-Vally" or "Sölk-Valley", is very nice, consisting of little brooks and wide meadows. What about a trip to the Styrian Lake Constance, a jewel admist the region of Schladming-Dachstein, where you also have the possibility to make a boat-trip!
click here for hiking suggestions, PDF-file.
- In the immediate vicinity are a lot of interesting places of excursions like the Dachstein-glacier with its giant ice caves and, of course, the lovely village of Ramsau! Furthermore there is a nature trail for children and an exciting "Kinderland" (a fantasy leisure park for children)!
- ICE PALACE
The "Dachstein-Ice Palace" is leading you inside the Dachstein-glacier. Enjoy the frosty-fascinating ice-world, where you can admire the shining glacial-ice and the mystic ice-music.
This year´s special exhibition inspires the visitors again: it is about the ?Ancient Egypt".
Thousands of kilogram ice were needed to carve the sphinx, Tutenkhamon, Nofretete and Pharaohs out of it. Manufactured very carefully and provided with special lighting effects, does this special exhibition induce the visitor to immerse in this storied world.
Immerse into the mysticism of the ?Ancient Egypt?
at the ?Dachstein-Ice Palace?.
All in all, 5 ice carvers have worked on those sculptures, lasting for weeks. Michael Bachnetzer, sculptor and teacher at the carve-school Geisler-Moroder in Elbigenalp (Tyrol), assumed control. They worked until the evening hours. Whether the charming face of Nofretete or the royal mien of Tutenkhamon ? the sculptures have been carved very authentic.
Beside this special exhibition, you also have the possibility to participate a round-trip inside the glacier which is leading you to fantastic attractions, such as the "blue saloon", the "crystal dome" or the formula 1 racing car ?Red Bull R7?. The impressive "column entrance" - it looks similar to the Greek Acropolis - is one of the main attractions. Another eye-catcher is the crevasse with 80cm big natural crystals.
- "Adventure Castle" Hohenwerfen in 65km distance
High above the Salzach-valley, between the Tennen- and the Hagen-mountains, is the 900 years old calstle Hohenwerfen. A wide range of entertainent is offered to the visitors, such as guided tours through the castle with a weaponry exhibition, a nice castle tavern, a knight shop, daily hawk air shows, the 1st Austrian national hawk museum and constant changing special exhibitions.
- "The fortress Hohensalzburg in 105km distance
The silhouette of the "Mozart-city" would not be imaginable without it - the fortress Hohensalzburg - it is located high above the city and defines the appearance of the city.
The 900 years old fortress Hohensalzburg, the town´s landmark, is the biggest and best-preserved castle complex in Europe. The fortress, which was built by archbishop Gebhard during the Investiture Conflict in 1077, was used as a defense for the clergy and for the population.
From the fortress Hohensalzburg you have a wonderful view over the city and the province of Salzburg."
- "Salt mine Altaussee in 60km distance
An adventure for the whole family!
This world ouf of salt offers fun and curosity for young and old! Throughout the whole year: the temperature inside the mine amounts to constantly 7°C, therefore warm clothes and sturdy shoes are recommended also in summer! You can go about 700 meter into the mountain, here you pass the salt boundary. The grey rock ends and changes to the red salt rock with its wonderful strata and colors. Via a slide you get into the mysterious treasure chamber of unseen pictures."
ROCK CLIMBING on the Dachstein in 25km
- On the south side and on the north side of the Dachstein mountains are all in all 14 fixed rope routes with all levels of difficulty. There is a wide range of fixed rope routes, such as the "Hunerschaften-fixed rope route" which is a more or less easy one, the "Johann-fixed rope route", or, for example the extreme "Skywalk-fixed rope route".
- The fixed rope routes "Der Johann" and "Der Irg" are the most popular ones. The Dachstein rock is famous as a perfect climbing rock. The view in direction "Dachstein" or "Niedere Tauern" is really impressive, already at the ascent. At the end of this fixed rope route you will have a wonderful panoramic view. Most of the fixed rope routes are very new and therefore also built under very modern aspects.
- The new "Sky Walk fixed rope route", its level of difficulty is E, which means very difficult, runs very exposed through the overanging escarpments of the Hunerkogel, directly under the Dachstein-cable car, uphill until the Dachstein-cable car mountain station. It has a total lenght of 320m and a vertical height of 170m.
CYCLING / BIKING
The cabins are directly located at the "Styrian Alp-Tour"! From here you have the possibility to choose between different biking tours with different levels of difficulty! What about a trip to the beautiful Satten-valley? This is a tour where you have to accomplish 660 altitude difference, 21 km distance and you would need about 2 hours. Level of difficulty: 3! Trained people prefer the "Galsterberg-tour"! For this tour you have to accomplish 1.260 altitude difference, 25km distance and you would need about 3 hours and 30 minutes! Level of difficulty: 4! More information you could get locally!
Hiking trip with llamas and alpacas!
- Startin at the cabin village, you have to cross over the Hirzhof in direction Gössenberg to reach the Klausnerhof. If you want to walk, you would need abou1 1 hour.
If you prefer driving your car, you have to start at Aich.
For more information, click here www.lamawelt.at
- In town there is a professional equestrian facility with a new light-flooded hall, an area outside, a show-jumping course and a dressage square! Family Resch, including well-trained riding instructors, and the whole team welcomes you! There are different breeds of horses and 2 pony´s! Horseback riding is also available in winter, not just in summer. There are scenic bridle paths in the Enns-valley! www.reitstall-resch.at
WATER-FUN, SWIMMING LAKES AND OPEN AIR POOLS
- Crystal clear water-fun for young and old, this our six swimming lakes guarantee!
- Swimming lake Pichl
Nice swimming lake with a play house, a water trampoline, a huge playing field, a bouncing castle, a football ground, a tennis court and a beach volleyball court.
- Aicher swimming lake
For small captains: The (Aicher) ark! There you have a raft-island, a wood-adventure playground, a water-trampoline, a slackline, a beach volleyball court, a huge sandbox and entertainment for children.
- Recreation center Irdning
There is a beach volleyball court, a children´s playground, a football ground, a tennis court and an asphalt curling alley.
- Putterer-lake Aigen at the Enns-valley
It is the warmest "alpine-marsh-lake" of Styria. There is a defined children´s area, boats, a beach volleyball court, you have the possibility of sailboarding and you can go jumping on the giant trampoline.
- Recreation center Donnersbach
Small public bath. You have the possibility of playing basketball, table tennis, football or just jump on the trampoline.
- Recreation center Donnersbachwald
Swimming lake, beach volleyball court and children's playground. Natural biotope with fishing possibility.
- Adventure baths Schladming
Entertainment and recreation for the whole family on 380m² water expanse and attractions such as the flow channel, fountains, waterfalls, massage, a 66m water slide and waterfall showers.
- Adventure baths "Haus im Ennstal"
It consists of a heated open air bath (26°C) with sports swimming pool, a pool for children, a mini-pool with a large awning, a huge slide at the outside section, a beach volleyball court and nice lawn for sunbathing.
- Panorama baths Gröbming
Since June 2010 Gröbming possesses of a modern open air bath with a varied spa area, which offers fun, sports facilities and recreation for every generation. 2 pools, reclining seats, Jacuzzi and an extensive reclining area are available. For the little ones there is a pool for children. Teenagers and the people who are young at heart will enjoy the diving platform as well as the "wide water slide". People who just want to relax and calm down, should visit the sauna area with comfortable rest area and other constitutional offers, also in winter!
- GRIMMING SPA in Bad Mitterndorf in 45km
It is located admist the wonderful alpine landscape of Bad Mitterndorf. It is a top-calss "recreation-destination". Seven thermal pools, a unique sauna area, a huge wellness program and numerous sports facilities. It is a world of comfort and recreation. 2 indoor pools and 2 outdoor pools, a pool for chidlren with a giant water slide and 2 further pools inside the sauna area. The spa has a capacity of 600 guests per day, therefore the individual demands remain guaranteed. 600 resting places on 5 different floors provide a spa-comfort, everyone requires.
RAFTING / CANYONING / HIGH ROPE COURSE
- In the town of Pruggern is an adventure-centre. Family-rafting on the Enns-river (not allowed for children under 6 years) or athletic rafting on the Salzach-river or the Salza-river are offered. Aside from that, you have the choice beween 12 different canyoning-tours or a high ropes course in Gröming. www.bac.at
- What about a paragliding training course or a sightseeing flight? For more information, click here www.skyclub-austria.at.
- The new adventure park in Gröbming - it is the biggest and most exciting park like this in Austria, is just 9km away! Here you find more than 100 elements and stations in shape of a "forrest acrobatics show-jumping course".
Austrias biggest adventure park in shape of "forrest acrobatics show-jumping course" including more than 100 elements was built in Gröbming / Styria. An adventure for the whole familiy. www.abenteuerpark.at
- The golf course in Oberhaus at Schladming, which was designed from the golf legend Bernhard Langer, is one of the most beautiful 18-hole golf courses in Austria and therefore counts to the best addresses round here. It is just 15km away from the cabin village!